Saturday, August 25, 2007

What a joy being a mom is...

So this morning started out with me jumping out of bed...the night before I set the alarm for 8:00 thinking, why am I doing this, I'm sure I'll be up around then anyway because I have a living, breathing, very wiggly alarm clock....but I set it anyway. So Taryn was snoozin' in our bed (I always bring her in after her early morning feeding) and I thought, wow it's pretty light out...what time is it??? 9:20!!! Of all days, Taryn decides to sleep in now....AHH I have to be to work by 10:00...I seriously need to shower, and I need to feed her before I go!
"What the heck happened to my alarm?!"
"I pushed snooze," says Robbie sleepily...
"Well why didn't you wake me up?" I've gotten so used to ignoring the alarm because Robbie's the one waking up to it the rest of the week that I didn't even notice him pushing snooze over and over and over again. I rush in and fix up my make-up from the day before that I of course didn't wash off last night, throw my hair in a ponytail, brush my teeth while getting something to wear...then Robbie yells and holds up Taryn who's back is covered in a major blowout of poop! Which by the way is all over our sheets I had just washed and changed the day before because of the exact same incident! SO I get completely ready in less than five minutes and Robbie cleans up Taryn, then passes her over to me so I can feed her...she decides she wants to be silly and take her dandy old time while I'm like c'mon honey get to business mommy's in a hurry. HA, well you can never hurry a baby. Then I sit there and tell Robbie to get a lunch ready for me to take (and I love him for helping me, but he has to ask about each individual item to put in including what kind of candy bar, what kind of crackers...) then I ask him to switch my wallet, phone and all the other stuff I need from the diaper bag to my purse. (By the way I have 5 minutes before I need to leave to be to work on time) Then Taryn starts to spit up followed by projectile puke all over me, her, and the couch!...Like burp cloths really make a difference. SO I hand her over to Robbie and strip off my soaking sticky clothes (now I really need to take a shower!!!) Then there's a knock at the door...seriously! Of course Robbie's in his underwear and I'm in the middle of changing...who in the world could be knocking at our door??? I grab my robe and open the door to find two workman who are there to paint our door (they're in the middle of repainting all the buildings in our complex) they tell us we have to keep the door open for 30 minutes for the paint to dry around the edges...now I'm down to one minute to get to work on time...so I find some new clothes, grab my lunch (thank you honey!!), grab my purse and I actually do get there on time!!! WOW! Life as a new mom is never ever dull in any was shape or form...and I'm sure there will be plenty of chaotic mornings to follow!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

This is so true-to-life! Robby is a champ for making you a lunch and I must remind you the blowouts and spitting always happen when you are in a hurry! Good thing she is so darn cute!

Siggy said...

What I would give to have a morning like this rather than wake up bum around and catch the latest rerun of the oc before going to work! Yep...single life bites!