Friday, September 18, 2009

early morning rise

Ya know when you wake up in the middle of the night and have a million thoughts running through your mind and you CAN'T turn them off?

Well that was what happened to me this morning...actually it started about 2 hours ago.

It doesn't even have to be stressful thoughts...just something to keep your tired mind occupied.

Like, blogging ideas....they can make a girl go crazy!

So, maybe if I get my thoughts off my chest my mind will become bored and decide sleeping is a good idea, at least for another hour or so.

RAMBLING THOUGHTS>>>
BEWARE! BEWARE!!!

- How and when I should start getting our "computer room" ready to be Taryn's new room. I have ideas of the style I want it to be...
vintage child like.
simple pictures like these.
It has even more shelves than her room now...what to do with them?

- I want to copy cjane and make an original piece of art like this.
that means a stop at D.I. to find the resources
a stop at Roberts for some more mod podge and paint
oh and find some funky wallpaper...somewhere.

- I still have my 4th of July door hanger on.... ya, maybe time to get that down. Can I hang up my Halloween wreath I made last year and L.O.V.E??? Is it too early to deck the halls with Halloween galore?

- Where can I find a good quality, non-grandma looking, large 8x10 rug for one half of our long living room? No matter how often we get the carpet cleaned, I still feel like it's blah. I need something new in there.
With that thought...maybe a coffee table would be a good idea to have on the other half with the couches, another D.I. item to look for.

- Why didn't I take advantage of garage sales this summer? I only went to one and found the coolest most perfect chair that fits perfectly in the corner of my kitchen...for $5.

-Make Robbie clean out garage A.S.A.P! - Our driveway is starting to look like a car lot.
I need room to store way too many books from soon to be Taryn's new room.
Maybe Robbie won't notice if I D.I. 80% of these books?

- Clean all closet areas and all random drawers that have become a non-organized make me cringe mess! I do not handle non-organized well.

- Paint our bedroom...has been prepped to paint for over a year now and has NEVER happened!
Then I can hang my cjane artwork there :)

-Why am I thinking all about revamping my house? I guess it may be the lack of creative thinking/doing for a long time now... it's time to get back in the mode! Something to take my mind off of feeling yucko pregnant and get me ready for this baby!

Ok - I hope I don't read this later today and decide I'm losing my mind. Time to go back to bed!

9 comments:

Heather Tolbert said...

Shawna, your posts always make me laugh and I'm so excited for you to have another little one. It sucks that you have been sick with this one. I was the same way with this pregnancy so I thought for sure it was a boy. Wrong, a sweet little girl is on the way. Hope all is well with you.

Natalie said...

I think those are cute Ideas I might just do that painting thing! Did you get my text yet??? Love you! and P.s you are crazy i've always known that :)

Chris and Annalisa said...

I say blame the revamping thoughts on the nesting. And I had my Valentines wreath up in my entry until July...so we'll just blame that on the morning sickness maybe?

I found an awesome place for rugs - it's on 7200 south and state, right by the fabric outlet (can't remember what it's called). I found an awesome 5x7 rug there that looked exactly like the one I wanted at Restoration Hardware ($800) for $199. They have tons of 8x10's too. Good luck!

Abe and Lisa said...

Love the post... i feel the same way at times. Well, with decorating our new place. And NO it's not too early for Halloween decorations... mine went up this week :)

ericksonslc said...

you are getting me hooked on reading you every day. keep it up. i love it!

kONniKaLITa said...

Love the decoration ideas!!! There are still many garage sales to be had..don't give up...i'm looking at 2 right across the street right now!

Unknown said...

I felt the same way last night! It's nice to revamp the house but thinking about it can make you crazy. We seem to always find great things for the house at the DI or Ross... And I just recently took my fourth stuff down and put up the fall-I love fall decos so much and I don't care if it's early! I say put 'em up!

Lindsey said...

You are so funny! You are also so creative - I wish I had visions like that for our house. I sure hope you feel better soon, especially with having to take care of Taryn - no fun. PS-do you have any belly bands instead of rubber bands??? They were my LIFESAVER during this last pregnancy!

Michelle Glauser said...

Hi Shawna! I just found your blog and it looks great. I hope everything works out.