Friday, December 5, 2008

The Best Gosh Darn Cookies Ever.



I was in the mood for baking something "Christmasy" the other night and Robbie's mom had told me about a ginger cookie recipe she had, but had never tried. So I got the recipe and tried it out and WOW am I glad I did! These are the BEST cookies I've ever had. Seriously, I ate about 5 in a row and I'm surprised there are still some left. And the fact that they even turned out was a miracle in itself. If you recall the issues I normally have with our oven, you'll know what I mean. So if you're feeling like spreading some Christmas cheer...put on some holiday music and get to baking these delightful goodies! Maybe double (or triple because they're so gosh darn amazing) the recipe to share with some neighbors.
That would make you extra special.

On another Christmas note, a couple months ago I found the perfect doll I wanted to get Taryn. For some dumb reason I didn't buy it then so I stopped by the little toy store yesterday and they were SOLD OUT. My heart was crushed. That was the one thing I really wanted to get her for Christmas. They weren't even getting any more in! So I asked the lady the name of the company who made them and I was onto online searching. No problem finding it there! Thank you Amazon. My heart has been mended and I think (actually I know) that I'm much more excited to get this cute doll than Taryn. I even ordered the warm and cozy coat set as well as the feeding set. I couldn't help myself, they were just so cute! What can I say, I still look forward to that one special toy "santa" might bring.


We can't wait to meet you Baby Stella!


And here's that recipe I know you are all dying to have...

Dahlia Ginger Cookies

12 Tbl. unsalted better (that's 1 and 1/2 cubes)
1 cup sugar, plus some extra in a bowl for dipping
1 egg
1/4 cup molasses
1 Tbl. grated fresh ginger
2 1/2 cups flour
2 tea. baking soda
1/2 tea. salt
1/2 tea. cinnamon

Mix all wet ingredients
Sift Dry ingredients (I didn't do this because a: I don't have a sifter, and b: who has time to sift?!)

If dough is too soft, put in fridge for about 20 minutes.
Roll into 1 inch balls, then roll in extra sugar.
Flatten balls on cookie sheet with a glass (oops, I didn't do that either!)

Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
ENJOY!

No comments: