Monday, September 8, 2008

My Favorite Room

Taryn's room is my absolute favorite place in our house. I love the cheery feeling it brings when I walk in. I also love the baby smell that fills every corner. Everything in this room was either handmade, from a thrift store, a gift, or under $10 dollars! I always keep my eye out for new little nick nacks that would add extra charm. When I first saw this room I knew it was just perfect for her. The shelves make it so much fun, Taryn loves to play with and even put away all her toys on the lower ones. So this post it mostly for me to remember this room exactly how it is. Then I can look back and remember the love and happiness it brought to us.



















My mom had a friend at works who's daughter sold us this pottery barn rug for $30! It's HUGE and adds the perfect touch of pinks and yellows (so I guess I fibbed about the $10 - but for a rug that size from pottery barn... I'd say that's a steal!)




I'm guessing she likes the new rug?!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Shawna...

I am glad that I did see Taryn's cute room. It looks so cute and perfect for her at her age! Perfect! But what will it be like when she grows up?

I had so much fun with you guys at the Homestead. Hey! I miss you, Taryn and Robbie ALREADY!!! Sob!!!

I love you so much...
Love, Aunt Liz :-)

Anonymous said...

I love this room as well!! I also knew when i saw it that it would be perfect for little Taryn. You have made it so cute and sweet for that little girl!! love you guys!

Aunt B

Paige Hanks said...

Hi Shawna! It was so great to hear from you. And by the way, your daughter and her room are both DARLING! Ü Of course I remember you, how could I forget! I'm so glad we can be blogging buddies. Tell your mom HI too! Paige

Jeanette said...

I love her room! I have to see your house some time. Oh, I tagged you! Check my blog for specifics...

Lindsey said...

I LOVE her room!!! It is so cute, it makes me want to redo Caylin's!