Friday, February 6, 2009

I love to see the temple

I went inside the other day...



to the new Draper temple, open for the public to see.
It was truly amazing. I Love Love LOVE going to the temple and feeling that warm, peaceful, comfort from the spirit. I was so excited to have Taryn in tow with us to experience this opportunity. Even though she is a little too young to fully understand, I'm pretty certain she "knew" who's house we were in.



The Draper temple is one of a kind. Of course each temple is unique in it's own way...but I felt like this one was so special. I absolutely loved the artwork portrayed throughout each room, and hallways. There were a lot of paintings I had never seen before. I love that our faith is more focused on artwork that shows the life of Christ and His ministry. It reminds me of the love and service He gave here on earth and the eternal love and compassion He has for us today. If you get the chance, go to the open house and see for yourself what a beautiful temple it is.

2 comments:

ericksonslc said...

I noticed the art work as well. I loved it. I bet it was really fun having Taryn with you. I loved sitting in the sealing room with Emily and realizing that the next time her and I sit in one of these rooms together it will be on her wedding day. It was amazing.

Anonymous said...

Hi Shawna,

I love going to the temple and feel the warm spirit too! Well, I haven't been to the Draper Temple Open House yet so someday we will go there for a deaf session when we are in Salt Lake. :)

Love, Aunt Liz