Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Beginning of the END!

So here we are beginning our very last round of chemotherapy!  It hasn't really hit me yet that we are so close to being done.  I don't really know how I'll feel once that day is actually here.  Of course it will be a huge sense of relief... but I also am so used to doing this now, that I am somewhat scared to be done and expect life to go back to normal.

Not sure what normal is anymore!  But I am ready to have it back!

So far we've already dealt with the fever thing.  Remember this?  Well I sure hope we are not repeating our last round.  That was not fun.  Last night was a long night due to the fever, and of course I was a nervous wreck as usual until it finally subsided as the sun began to rise.  Thankfully Tenley did pretty well throughout today.  Just a lot of catching up on sleep and taking it easy.

Our room this round is huge!!  Compared to what we've had, it seems like a suite or something.  We have a full on couch that turns into a bed.  Not a fancy bed whatsoever, but it's 90% better than the lame pull out annoying chairs we've been sleeping on the last few months.  Oh, and the bathroom is ginormous!  It makes this a bit more do-able.  I think I can I think I can I think I can!

I can't skip over Valentines.  Mine came to town this weekend and it was so so so very nice to have our little family all under the same roof.  We did more this past weekend with taking Tenley out than she has since October.  More on that to come later... but my valentine sure spoiled me, and I loved every second of it! (besides all the barfiness in between) Yep, it's been an ongoing daily battle, but what can ya do?

Saturday night we went out on the town and had dinner at P.F. Changs.  Thankfully Robbie was still willing to kiss me after I became too close for comfort with one of their toilets.  We still had a fun time at dinner, and afterwards we caught the big talked about movie... The Vow.  I'd say it was so-so.  Not really what I had expected but it was a decent flick.   Afterwards he surprised me with a beautiful pearl necklace, bracelet, and earrings.  What a charmer...
Unfortunately he had to go back to work in Reno Monday, and we all said our sad goodbyes.  Bills still have to be paid even when your child has cancer.  Lame, right?!

Tuesday came around and we were busy getting Tenley to the hospital for her bone marrow aspirate and lumbar puncture... afterwards we got all settled in our new fancy room in ICS to start chemo.  My mom stayed so I could head home and be with Taryn.  I was surprised yet again with some lovely flowers, chocolates, and a sweet love note from you know who.
swoooooon!

I miss him like crazy already.




My other little valentines were pretty darn cute.  Taryn had two party's (she is in two different preschool classes) and she was overly spent from writing her name on 36 valentines. -I may or may not have ended up doing most of them-  Then we delivered more to the neighbor kids the old fashioned way.  She loved every second of it.  I love making holidays special for my kids.  Even with our chaotic life, those kind of moments add up and I hope they are the ones Taryn will remember most.


So the adventure continues... I am hoping one day soon my nauseousness will disappear, but more importantly that this last and FINAL round will be super quick and hassle free!!


3 comments:

Melanie said...

Shawna, this is Melanie (McGee- you know, from Cordia days?)

I hope you don't mind me reading your blog. I was shocked to find out that your little Tenley was diagnosed with leukemia. I've read the whole story now. May I just mention what a beautiful family you have? From your in-laws, to your mom and sisters, definitely your sweet Taryn and of course your husband and yourself.

I am amazed and I am humbled.

Thanks for sharing and good luck on the road ahead. I so hope this round goes well for Tenley. And I hope this pregnancy is good to you.

**Thinking of you and your family!

Todd and Jenn said...

You are amazing Shawna! So happy the end is getting closer and that you were spoiled for Valentines. Wow! You deserve it!

Heather said...

Shawna, you are seriously an inspiration to me. I want you to know that your positive attitude and candid emotions are not lost on me. I truly wish the best for you and your sweet family and I hope that things begin to "make more sense" in your life. You really do deserve it. I know we don't know each other well, but if you there is anything I can do for you please don't hesitate to ask. Good luck,and many prayers are being sent your way!