This mom's little one year old drown and passed away recently and my friend Melissa posted about it. I would regret not taking her advice written below. Her blog entries from after her baby died are heart breaking but I can see how it would help you cope to share those feelings...so before I go to bed here are a few things that Taryn did to brighten my day today...
- laughed at me hysterically when I was blowing my nails dry.
- made people smile at the D.I.
- crawled around in circles until she was worn out and ready for bed
- screamed at me for not cutting up strawberries fast enough for her to eat
- laughed at the 7 dwarfs singing "Hi Ho" on snow white
- played with her toes in the car seat
- threw her cup of goldfish crackers all over the D.I. floor
- cuddled and stared up at me with those big blue eyes while I nursed her before bed.
And here's what I found her doing after I was done blogging yesterday...how I love these moments! And am grateful for the technology we have to capture them!
"Take a minute for me tonight and record the little things your kids do right now. They don't even need to be cute things. Someday when your baby is grown you may even miss the food thrown on the ground or the face wiped on the sleeve. Cherish the little things. For the little things are the spice in life."
Go here for the full story - but only if you are wanting to shed some tears!